Acupuncture is a form of therapy which encourages natural healing. Physically, acupuncture effects in the restoration of homeostasis – or stability within the body. Psychologically, it imparts a deep sense of calm, a sharpened awareness, and a renewal of spirit.
Acupuncture consists of the use of thin needles in specific parts along the meridians of the body.
Major benefits of acupuncture include but not limited to:
- Drug free pain relief
- Helps prevention of illnesses
- Treats the cause as well as the symptoms
- Holistic approach to illnesses which link the body, mind, and emotions
- Maxibustion is a tradition Chinese therapy that consists of heating acupuncture points with dried herb sticks to activate and warm the acupuncture points.
- Cupping is an ancient form of alternative medicine where a local suction is created on the skin. This is done to relive stagnation of energy and blood.
- Chinese Herbal Medicine may be given in the form on pills, teas, and capsules to supplement the acupuncture treatment.
Providers of Acupuncture
Hypnotherapy is a type of psychotherapy used to create intuitive change in a person in the form of new reactions, views, attitudes, actions or feelings. It is undertaken with a subject in hypnosis.
When using proven therapeutic techniques, hypnotherapy may be a very effective form of treatment for many psychosomatic, mental, and physical disorders.
Through the use of regressive techniques, an adult patient may mentally journey back to a time in their youth that was difficult, permitting the healing of past emotional wounds.
Patients can also be directed to recognize that emotional pain has been altered to physical pain, and that the pain can be abolished once the cause has been addressed.
A person that suffers from chronic pain can be educated on ways to control such paint with no use prescription medication.
Many techniques can be used to correct dysfunctional behaviors such as self-destructive habits, anxiety disorders, and even managing side effects of various medical treatments and procedures.
Providers of Hypnotherapy
Massage therapy is an integral part of a good health healthcare plan. It elevates moods, relief’s depression, tension, eases pain and when used on a regular basis it promotes healing.
Massage Therapy is a manual manipulation of soft body tissue to promote health and wellbeing. Many types are accessible depending upon the client’s needs.
People find a variety of reasons to get massage. Stress reduction, anxiety, muscle relaxation, rehabilitation injuries, reduction of pain and tension.
Massage works on a number of levels:
- Physical – when used for tension and sports or work related injuries massage physically alters muscles and tendons.
- Mental – when used for chronic and acute illnesses massage actually draws the mind into the healing process by releasing feel-good endorphins.
- Mechanical response – The two major side effects that will be caused by a physical massage are the increase of blood and lymph circulation and relaxation with the normalization of the soft tissue which releases nerves and deeper connective tissues.
- Relaxation response – In this state your blood pressure goes down, your production of stress cells decreases your muscles relax and your heart and breathing rate slows down.
Our Therapeutic Massage Techniques
- Scar Mobilization: Creates space and alignment in muscles and connective tissues to allow freedom of movement for fascia and nerves. It facilitates lymphatic flow.
- Cancer Massage: A gentle form of massage that will help facilitate healing and ease the journey through cancer.
- Lymphatic Drainage: Light pressure that facilitates increased movement of lymph fluid. Compliments treatment of auto-immune disorders, cancer therapies, surgery, and contributes to wellness through improved immune response.
- Prenatal-Postpartum Massage: Uses a variety of techniques to ease the physical, mental and emotional changes made to a body that is creating new life. Some of the benefits include better digestion, reduction of joint pain, improved breathing, and emotional support.
- Gua Sha is a great way to relieve pain, increase circulation locally and help you move better in a shorter treatment time.
Providers of Massage
A Physical therapist is highly educated, licensed health care professionals who can help patients reduce pain and improve or restore mobility.
Our physical therapist will examine each individual and develop a plan using treatment techniques to promote the ability to move reduce pain restore function and prevent disability.
Physical therapy is a specialty that includes evaluation, assessment, and treatment of individuals with limitations to their mobility. If you have an injury or illness that results in loss of mobility or physical impairment, a physical therapist can help. PTs can help patients all through there life span regardless of age. If impaired mobility is something that has been a part of your life a physical therapy evaluation may be very useful to offer strategies to improve function.
Providers of Physical Therapy
Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. This specific type of therapy treatment treats the whole person including the body, emotions, and spitit create beneficial effects and feels like a wonderful radiance of energy. It allows the body and mind to relax with a feeling of peace of security and wellbeing.
Reiki is a Japanese modality that is successfully used for stress reduction and relaxation. It helps promote the bodies healing process by administrating hand on energy flow. This is sometimes called Ki Chi or life force energy. It flows naturally around each individual and some are very sensitive too it. We are able tp help raise or lower your energy level allowing your body to utilize what it needs.
Our bodies are able to absorb and effectively use the “life force energy” to help heal itself from illnesses, whether our illnesses are physical, mental or spiritual. Reiki is safe and can never be used to harm or create ill will. It will simply shut off if there is negative intent.
Providers of Reiki
Mental health therapy is healthy and important at every stage of life, from childhood and adolescence through our golden years. It works on our emotional, psychological, and social well-being. It can affect how we think, feel, and act. Therapy can also help determine how we handle stress, relate to others, and make choices.
You may come in with a specific issue in relationships, addiction or a simple circumstance you are struggling with. Nothing is too big or too small to work on. Sometimes it’s just necessary to run it by an impartial party to get you through it.
Many research studies have shown that when people receive appropriate mental health care, their use of medical services declines. For example, one study of people with anxiety disorders showed that after psychological treatment, the number of medical visits decreased by 90%, laboratory costs decreased by 50%, and overall treatment costs dropped by 35%. (Rhode Island Psychological Association)
Providers of Mental Health Therapy